Horticulture Magazine, Volume 1, Issue 1 (December 3, 1904)
The very first issue of Horticulture magazine shows you the plants and practices that shaped American gardens in the early 1900s. This debut issue was distributed on December 3, 1904, to an audience of greenhouse growers, florists, professional gardeners and others. Horticulture’s first issue is a time capsule that will satisfy garden-loving history buffs and collectors of all things vintage.
- • Advertisements from the age, written in an entertaining style and listing prices for plants, seeds, tools and more
- • Black and white photographs depicting gardens, natural areas and notable people
- • Articles and ads that reveal the fashionable plants and garden decorations of the day
- • Notes from garden clubs, correspondents and plant collectors across the United States
• Advice on growing and propagating the popular plants, including chrysanthemums, orchids, allamanda and more
What a printed copy? Although this book is no longer in print, you can purchase a PRINT ON DEMAND copy through this link on Amazon.
- Variant: DIGITAL
- SKU: CLASSHORT0001D
- Product Type: Downloadable Book